Nancy Pelosi is well known for her crazy antics, but many of the quotes below will leave you dumbfounded.
1. In regards to deficit reduction she said, “The cupboard is bare…There’s no more cuts to make” then referred to House Republicans as “legislative arsonists.”
2. “It’s almost a false argument to say we have a spending problem.”
3. “Everybody will have lower rates, better quality, and better access [referring to Obamacare on July 21, 2012].” A year later she stated, “I don’t remember ever saying everyone in the country will have lower premiums.”
4. “Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.” [source]
5. “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.” [source] – probably her most ludicrous quote.
6. She created this one out of thin air, “The Bible tells us in the Old Testament, ‘To minister to the needs of God’s creation is an
act of worship. To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us.’ On this Earth Day, and every day, let us pledge to our children, and our children’s children, that they will have clean air to breathe, clean water to drink, and the opportunity to experience the wonders of nature.” [source]
7. “This initiative is funded by the high end – we call it Astroturf,” Pelosi said. “It’s not really a grassroots movement. It’s Astroturf by some of the wealthiest people in America to keep the focus on tax cuts for the rich instead of for the great middle class.” [source]
8. “I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels. It’s cheap, abundant and clean compared to fossil fuels.” Note: natural gas is a fossil fuel. [source]
9. “What we’re trying to do is save the world from the Republican budget. We’re trying to save life on this planet as we know it today.” [source]